Come help us through our missions. Here are ways you can get involved — Parish Care, Family Promise, missions, Special Grants, Heifer fundraising
WORSHIP AND MUSIC
Sunday Worship Service
10:00 am Sept - June. 9:30 am July - Aug
6:30-7pm during Lent and Advent
Music at FCW
Learn more about our musical offerings. Join us!
THE LATEST NEWS
VISION FOR THE JOURNEY AHEAD!
Dear Friend, We are writing to invite you to join in the first stage of our Vision for the Journey Ahead. We will be hosting seven gatherings in different settings over the next six weeks, and we hope you will attend one. As we move toward the fulfillment of Building for the Journey Ahead, our goal is to listen to you, share together and discern where God is leading First Church in the next 5 to 10 years.
We did this 10 years ago, and together we have accomplished the goals we set forth at that time. After small group conversations, all-church retreats, forums, study committees, and much heartfelt prayer and reflection we set some goals and created a vision of what we wanted, and what we felt God wanted, our Church to become. We went through the process of becoming an Open & Affirming Congregation. We developed a position for a second pastor to focus on families and spiritual life. And now, as we move toward the completion of our building project we will achieve a vision that was only an architect's drawing eight years ago. So now is a good time to begin thinking about the next part of our journey together - our Vision for the Journey Ahead.
Once we have collected the feedback and information from these gatherings we will meet together in our new space to further refine our ideas, concerns and dreams. We hope to lay a foundation for our vision of where God is leading First Church in the years ahead. We believe that our new building is not the end of a journey but the next step in our 372 year journey together as First Church in Wenham. Let's see where God leads us next!
Please sign up for one of the gatherings below by clicking on Deby's email and sending her your choice:
1. Sunday, October 16 5:30pm Pizza at the home of Stacy & Chris Hughes, 21Farrington Lane, Hamilton (978-468-0161) Child care will be provided.
2. Wednesday, October 26 at 4pm Afternoon tea at the home of Carolyn Holland at 32 Dartmouth Street, Beverly (978-922-0662)
3. Thursday, November 3 at 7pm Wine & cheese at the home of Karyl & Rich Hayes at 31 Bradford Road, Hamilton (978- 468-1028)
4. Friday, November 4 at 7pm Wine & cheese at the home of Amy & Rick Sprenkle at 65 Greenbrook Road, Hamilton(978-468-7791)
5. Saturday, November 5 at 8:30 am Men's Forum Retreat at the home of Hal Maddix at 1 Thurston Place, Rockport (508-648-2286)
6. Wednesday, November 9 at 10am Women's Enrichment Meeting at Carolyn Holland's home at 32 Dartmouth Street, Beverly (978-922-0662)
7. Thursday, November 10 at 7pm Wine & cheese at the home of Deb & John Knopf at 232 Larch Row, Wenham (978-468-7540)
To sign up to attend one of the above gatherings, please e-mail Deby in the office with the meeting number and date you are interested in by e-mailing ;email@example.com
Rev. Christine Hribar, Associate Pastor of Family Life Rev. Michael Duda, Senior Pastor
Don DeBlock, Moderator
Register for Church School or help during the services!
- Register for Church School! We now have registration online so we can be prepared with the right number of seats for each class and better welcome all our students. Please click the link above to register your kids ASAP!
- Ring the church bell, light the altar candles, or hand out bulletins! We'd love to have your children and youth involved in worship. Sign your children up by clicking on the link above.
- Construction continues on the back and basement of the building. Please stop by and see the amazing progress that is being made!
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- 10/15 - Walk to End Homelessness by Family Promise of the North Shore Boston from 8:00 - 11:00 am at Lynch Park in Beverly.
- 11/05 - Men's Retreat at the Maddix Home at 8:30am, contact the office for more info.
- Bible Study: 10am Tuesdays in the Sanctuary.
- Choir Rehearsal: Thursdays 7-8:30pm
- Women's Enrichment: 10 am Wednesdays (Except first Wednesday of the month) The location will be at the Second Church in Beverly.
- Busy Needles - Meets the second Friday of the month at 10am. *The October and November meetings have been rescheduled to the third Friday of the month, October 21 and November 18th. The December meeting will go back to the second Friday of the month, Dec. 9th. Tentative Location for the meetings will be the Council on Aging in Wenham.
Men's Forum - The next one-hour meeting of the Men’s Forum will take place at the Council on Aging facility at 8 A.M. on Tuesday, November 1st. For more info please contact George Bottger, (978) 468-1480 firstname.lastname@example.org
First Church in Wenham now has a PayPal account! If you would like to make a tax deductible donation, please click on the button below.