Come help us through our missions. Here are ways you can get involved — Parish Care, Family Promise, missions, Special Grants, Heifer fundraising
Can't wait for our Kayenta Mission Trip Auction/Dinner on Saturday, May 14,2016!
Silent Bidding will begin at 6pm, dinner will be at 6:30pm & Live Auction about 7:30
In addition to the photos shown here, we have many other great items to be auctioned off. A few examples:
- Restaurant Gift Cards
- 2 River Cruises,
- Dinner served by our own Auction Committee,
- Massage & Salon Gift Cards/Products
- Bottles of Wine,
- Painting & Photos,
- A Motorcycle Ride with Mike!
We would hate to have you miss this exciting night!
Helping Homeless Families get housed
Missions, Peace & Justice
Changing ourselves and changing the world...
Tending to our community and beyond
Our Youth make a difference
Kayenta Mission Trip Gift Bags
We are now trying to gather up small gifts for the Kayenta gift bags we will be making once we arrive at our destination. If you can help out in any small way, it will greatly be appreciate both by the Mission committee and our lovely, lovely friends in Kayenta. They don’t have many opportunities for gift receiving so it is with a full heart that we get these packages ready for them. It is also with a full heart that they smile and give us thanks. I’m enclosing a short list but please feel free to add your own personal touch of a gift…as long as there are no liquids or fresh food and anything breakable. The box has a long way to travel! Thank you so much from your Mission Trip Committee. Items Needed: socks, any kind, any size..leather work gloves, gardening gloves. Small snacks/candy, fruit packs/dried fruit. Knitted items, pens, pencils and small notepads. Wash clothes, toothpaste and toothbrushes…thanks so much…any questions please call me: Cheryl Crotty 978-468-7340
Friendly Visitor Training
Good afternoon, folks. We are pleased to announce that we will be having another Friendly Visitor training course on Saturday, May 21 at Christ Church in the Preston Cutler Room. This training is designed to give you the necessary information and skills to be able to visit someone who is elderly or is an adult with disabilities in the towns of Hamilton, Wenham and Essex. We also have been working to expand our services to Ipswich as well. We know that social isolation can lead to loneliness, depression and despair. We also know that when people don't have that social engagement in their lives, their general health declines and can lead to premature death. As Christians we are called to love our neighbors as ourselves, and that is what Good Company is all about. Christ Church, along with other churches from Hamilton, Wenham and Essex started this ministry and we have been the leader in moving it forward. We have already matched up several of our Friendly Visitors from our first class and we have more people waiting to be matched.
If you are interested in attending the Friendly Visitor training on May 21, please let me know. We will be there from 8:30 am to noon. You will receive a training manual and some papers to fill out. If you feel called to this ministry, please consider joining us for this training. Once you complete the training we will be matching you up with an elder or an adult with disabilities. This will require a commitment of about 1-2 hours a week for up to a year. If you would like more information or have any questions, please feel free to contact me!
Thank you so much and blessings to you!
Building for the Journey Ahead!
On November 1st the congregation approved the new building plans. Please take a look!
View Project Plans PDF
Find us on Facebook
We now have a Facebook page created and encourage you to visit and like us.
Check it out
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- 05/10 CONGREGATIONAL ANNUAL MEETING 7pm
- 05/14 Kayenta Dinner and Auction @ 6pm
- 05/15 - Confirmation Sunday
- 05/18 - You're invited to Taste the Promise, a special celebration to support Family Promise. Join the festivities at the Danversport Yacht Club on Wednesday, May 18th. The fun begins in the huge Grand Ballroom at 6:00 p.m. Tickets are available at the door or in advance from John Kenney or the Church Office. Or you can use a credit card to purchase online at https://familypromisetaste2016.eventbrite.com. The Taster's Passport is available for a donation of $35. To reward those who have served as volunteers, your Passport is discounted to $25. (Use Eventbrite promo code HOST25.) New for 2016: you can reserve a Table for Ten and sit with your friends. All proceeds benefit Family Promise North Shore Boston.
- 05/21 - Friendly Visitor Training at Christ Church @ 8:30am
- 05/22 - Honoring Graduates
- 06/04 - Church Yard Sale @ 9am
- 06/12 - Teacher Appreciation Sunday and Ground Breaking Ceremony
- Bible Study: 10am Tuesdays in the Upper Hall
- Choir Rehearsal: Thursdays 7-8:30pm in the Upper Hall
- Women's Enrichment: 10 am Wednesdays in the Upper Hall (Except first Wednesday of the month)
- Busy Needles - Second Friday of the month at 10am in the Upper Hall
- Men's Forum - First Tuesday of the month at the NEW TIME of 8am in the Upper Hall