Come help us through our missions. Here are ways you can get involved — Parish Care, Family Promise, missions, Special Grants, Heifer fundraising
WORSHIP AND MUSIC
Sunday Worship Service
10:00 am Sept - June. 9:30 am July - Aug
6:30-7pm during Lent and Advent
Music at FCW
Learn more about our musical offerings. Join us!
THE LATEST NEWS
Bridging the Deepest Divide by Rev. Mike Duda, published in the Salem Evening News
The reverberations of last week’s election continue, even to the point of riots in some cities. I think everyone had been looking forward to this election being over, but it seems that no one regardless of party affiliation expected it to end the way it has. I’m afraid the wounds opened during this long season of division and vitriol may take more than ballots to bind, and clearly from the split of the popular vote, our country remains deeply divided. It was bound to happen. Words do matter, and the steady barrage of hateful rhetoric during this painfully long campaign season seems to have broken down any semblance of civility. From all historical indicators this was not the way our democracy was designed to function, and it certainly is not the way any of our faith traditions promote as the path of peace. Click here to read the rest of the article
Register for Church School or help during the services!
- Register for Church School! We now have registration online so we can be prepared with the right number of seats for each class and better welcome all our students. Please click the link above to register your kids ASAP!
- Ring the church bell, light the altar candles, or hand out bulletins! We'd love to have your children and youth involved in worship. Sign your children up by clicking on the link above.
- Construction continues on the back and main floor of the building. Please stop by and see the amazing progress that is being made!
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- 04/29 - Women's Retreat at the Cathcart Home
- 04/30 - CE Visioning Brunch
- Peter Stewart presents the 29th Annual Choral Jubilee at 3pm at First Church
- 05/03 - Taste the Promise at the Danversport Yacht Club to benefit Family Promise North Shore Boston
- 05/07 - Dedication of our Building during Worship
- 05/09 - ANNUAL MEETING 7pm fellowship and 7:30pm meeting in Holland Hall
- 05/17 - Open House 6:30pm
- 05/21 - Confirmation Sunday
- 06/04 - Carolyn Holland Hall Dedication
- Bible Study: Faith and Justice Bible Study at 10am on Tuesdays
- Choir Rehearsal: Thursdays 7-8:30pm
- Women's Enrichment: 10 am Wednesdays (Except first Wednesday of the month) Meetings will be held in Holland Hall.
- Busy Needles - Meets the second Friday of the month at 10am. The next meeting will move to the third Friday of the month, May 19th and will be back at First Church! The June meeting will be June 9th.
- Men's Forum - will continue to hold its one-hour breakfast meetings at 8 A.M. on the first Tuesday of the month. Meetings will resume at First Church in the splendid new Holland Hall. Speakers for up-coming meetings are as follows:
- May 2nd – Sean Osborne, a civil engineer and active spokesman, will speak on racial injustice issues.
You are cordially invited to join us. Set your alarm and try to get there a few minutes early to better partake of our light breakfast and share some good fellowship. Please contact George Bottger at firstname.lastname@example.org or (978) 468-1480 if you have questions or need help getting to a meeting.
First Church in Wenham now has a PayPal account! If you would like to make a tax deductible donation, please click on the button below.
Subscribe to our Live Sunday Video Stream